- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington DC
- West Virginia
New York has strict packaging and labeling requirements for cannabis products. The requirements are designed to ensure that consumers are aware of what they are purchasing and that children cannot access cannabis products.
All cannabis products must be packaged in child-resistant, tamper-resistant, and opaque containers. The packaging must not resemble any commercially available candy or food product and should not be attractive to children.
In addition, all cannabis products must be labeled with the following information:
- The name of the product.
- The name of the manufacturer.
- The amount of THC in the product.
- A warning that cannabis has intoxicating effects and may be habit forming and addictive.
- A warning that cannabis impairs concentration, coordination, and judgment. Do not operate a vehicle or machinery under its influence.
- A warning that there are health risks associated with consumption of cannabis.
- A warning that cannabis should not be used by women who are pregnant or breast feeding.
- A warning that cannabis is for use only by adults 21 years of age and older. Keep out of the reach of children.
- The universal symbol for cannabis.
All cannabis products must also be labeled with a unique identifier that can be used to track the product from the point of manufacture to the point of sale.
Finally, cannabis products must be sold in containers that are no larger than one ounce.
The packaging and labeling requirements for cannabis products in New York are enforced by the New York State Department of Health.
– Importing certain materials such as vape batteries and cartridges may be considered Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems or ENDS under the PACT ACT, and thus may be challenging to ship.
– Intra-state transportation of cannabis products requires that businesses be registered with the state.
**This document is intended to serve as a guide and should not be construed as legal advice.
Any one of the following three universal symbols on the upper left 25% of the marketing layer at a minimum size of 1.25 inch in height for the square symbol, 0.5 inch in width for the vertical symbol, and 0.5 inch in height for the horizontal symbol. The symbol must be made conspicuous by printing the symbol on, or outlining the symbol with, a contrasting color;